The Agile methodology is a software development practice that separates each development project into smaller phases for easier management.
Tell us the skills you need and we will find the best developer for you in days, not weeks.Hire Developers
This method (used by 71% of U.S. companies) helps deliver and/or finish software projects quicker and with little possibility of error.
It can help you better manage a remote development team and speed up your development processes. Now, the life cycle of an Agile project has a very specific configuration.
We understand that this can be a little off-putting to companies new to Agile development that have their own procedures for their coding solutions.
That’s why we’re dedicating an article to the importance of the Agile software development cycle for tech projects!
A quick overview of the phases of the Agile software development life cycle
1. Requirement Collection: This first stage of the Agile software development cycle is where the scope of the development project needs to be determined. The vision, requirements, and results need to be mapped out in advance.
2. Design: It is in this phase that you need to assemble the development team that will work on the project. You should assign people different tasks based on their abilities and look for Agile software developers with experience working with the Agile software development cycle for tech projects.
3. Development: Most part of the bulk of the development project happens in this phase. This is where your Agile software developers will do the actual coding and work towards the end results of the project.
4. Code testing: This is where quality assurance takes place. Your developers will test the code of the development product and ensure everything is working the way it should before launch.
5. Deployment/Maintenance: Now that the software has been launched and deployed, it’s available for its use. This is where your Agile software developers will need to maintain the code to keep things running smoothly.
6. Retirement: The final phase of the Agile software development cycle is the retirement stage. A software product only enters this stage when it’s being replaced or it has become obsolete to its users.
5 key benefits of the Agile software development life cycle
More efficient management:
One of the main advantages of the Agile software development cycle it’s its capacity to make managing a remote development team much easier. We know this can sound a bit too optimistic but it truly helps to give every development project more focus and direction.
Once you identify the requirements of the end product, you can communicate these to your Agile software developers and assign them tasks according to their skills and level of experience.
Having distinct phases for each step of the development process also takes care of the matter of regular check-ins. Each stage of the development of the project has a beginning, middle, and end, meaning three timely opportunities to get an update from your remote development team and track their performance.
It helps estimate the cost and time of a development project:
Because you have six different phases to account for, it’s almost impossible to have a mushy middle when it comes to the timeline of a project.
The best way to go about it is to create a project calendar and assign specific timeframes to each Agile software development cycle stage. Though you can just go ahead and skip the retirement phase until it’s really time for it.
On the other hand, one of the benefits of the software development cycle for tech projects is also the way it simplifies budget procedures. When you assign a budget to the whole project, it’s easy for expenses to get out of control and for a team to end up spending more than absolutely necessary.
If you assign a budget cap to each phase of the project, you would limit the expenses and save on software development costs.
Smoother client relationships:
Because of the strictly defined standards of the Agile software development cycle, it’s easier to maintain better client relationships over time. When you follow the guidelines of the Agile methodology, each deliverable should be completed within a specific timeframe, and there should be progress made on each project at a certain point.
This facilitates transparency with your clients and better organizes your work so your company never misses a product deadline or a progress update.
Makes troubleshooting easier:
The Agile software development cycle allows development teams to identify any potential issues quicker. Because this is such a well-defined methodology, all Agile developers know how to produce stable code, ensure clients are informed at all times, set up seamless automation, and perform adequate code testing.
This helps them recognize any issues that might arise by just staying alert for anything that might not be going according to plan and then troubleshooting the anomaly with the rest of the team.
Clarifies deliverables and streamlines the process.
Nothing helps with deliverables more than proper organization. The Agile methodology can allow you to get clear with the deliverables your company expects at each development stage.
This divide also streamlines the process since there’s a well-defined progression for the progress of the project and a plan for each step. If you have built trust with your remote development team, this method will help you take advantage of that positive work dynamic and advance on projects faster than before.
Are you looking to assemble a team of Agile software developers?
At Next Idea tech, we have years of experience working with Agile software developers and implementing the Agile software development cycle for all of our clients. That’s why we offer staff augmentation solutions for businesses looking for more efficient development procedures.
We are dedicated to connecting US-based companies with nearshore software developers that are well versed in Agile practices and ready to simplify your coding solutions. Contact us today to learn more about our services!
Agile software development cycle FAQ
What is the Agile software development cycle?
The Agile methodology is a software development practice that separates each development project into smaller phases for easier management. Its cycle features six phases that help to streamline the development process.
What are the six stages of the software development cycle?
1. Requirement Collection.
4. Code testing.